We developed our strategy for the period 2013 - 2015 through Quo Vadis, a process of participatory planning that involved more than 150 people.
In Trentino there are many people, organisations and associations involved in international development. A wealth of knowledge and experience to which we wanted to give a voice. Quo Vadis was an opportunity to debate creatively, make coordinated proposals and identify choices for our strategic planning. The following questions were explored:
- Where is international development going?
- What are the desirable futures for Trentino international development?
- How can the Centre accompany the growth of the Trentino development system?
This participatory planning process was the basis for the development of our strategy for the period 2013 - 2015 and offered ideas and suggestions for our research on the international development sector of Trentino.
Our overall objectives for the period 2013 - 2015 are:
- Contribute to the strengthening of international development actors in terms of effectiveness, coordination and awareness of their role
- Promote a culture of interdependence and reciprocity accompanying critical reflection and the continuous updating of the meaning of solidarity
We are going towards a new 3-year (2017-2019) period of strategic work, in dialogue with different actors and stakeholders.